What attracts people to become a member of Trinity? It’s simple!
At Trinity Episcopal Parish in Stoughton, people discover a faith home with a family focus, and a place where there is a feeling of belonging. Every member of Trinity finds a place where they feel a sense of commitment and contentment, working together and worshiping together. Trinity is a place where everyone feels closer to God and to one another, experiencing Christ’s call to love God and love one another. Through our heartfelt welcoming of all who visit, Trinity offers space for people to discover their call to service through Christ. At Trinity, we celebrate and worship with a liturgy which is welcoming and open, yet steeped in the beauty of our Anglican and episcopal heritage. This is evident in our love of scripture, tradition, sacrament, liturgy, and social justice. Whether you’re familiar with either of these religious traditions, or no religious tradition at all, you will certainly feel right at home here at Trinity. We celebrate the “via-media,” the middle way between Catholicism and Protestantism – the Episcopal church at its best. Our music is expressive and engaging, our mission and outreach heartfelt and vital.
At Trinity, we seek to be a church that:
- Welcomes all people, and is a church that in addition to beautiful meaningful worship provides people opportunities for outreach and service
- Encourages collaboration with others in service to “the least of these.”
- Creates a nurturing atmosphere for personal growth and a space to support each other in all aspects of life. At Trinity, we celebrates the gifts of all who enter our doors, in every phase of the journey of their life. We welcome and appreciate the contributions of all people.
- Strives for justice and peace among all people; that gives our time, treasure, and talents to serve the sick, the hungry, and the poor.
- Teaches our members to grow in their call for social justice and find ways to help the oppressed.
- Values the rich and meaningful liturgy and worship of the Episcopal Church. Traditions that are both grounded in scripture and calling us to spread the good news through action in the world.
- Teaches its members the importance of practicing stewardship in all aspects of peoples lives and the world around us.
EVERYONE … is welcome at Trinity and welcome to come and learn about the God who has revealed God’s Self as Love in Jesus Christ. We believe that God was fully alive and present in Jesus, and we believe that God is also alive and present within every human being. Further, we believe that God created life in this world as fundamentally good, despite many human choices to the contrary. Thus, we are devoted to stewardship of the earth, social responsibility, and to “seeking out and serving Christ in all persons,” as our Baptismal promise declares. As Episcopalians, we enjoy the “via media,” the middle way, between catholicism and protestantism. This is evident in our love of scripture, tradition, sacrament, liturgy, and social justice.
Our church sits nestled on a large wooded property located one mile from the center of Stoughton at 414 Sumner Street. We are handicapped accessible and our sanctuary, known for its beautiful acoustics is a perfect venue for concerts, recitals and other performances. We have a large fully accessible parish hall perfect for events large and small. To the left of our sanctuary is a lovely outdoor memorial garden and columbarium, a place of quite retreat. All are welcomed to use this space to pray and enjoy the beauty of nature. If you have any questions please call the church at 781-344-4592 and we will be happy to help you.
Where ever you are in your spiritual journeys, know that you are welcome at Trinity Stoughton!